Thursday, December 2, 2010

Of Christmas, Photoshop and Bokeh





Friday afternoon my mom called while I was at my church. She was in great distress because the Christmas cards she had ordered hadn't arrived yet (And ALWAYS gets them in the mail the first week of December).

After much confusion and several calls between her and the company, she found out that they were out of stock. She REALLY liked the card and the Bible verse on the front and could I maybe find time that weekend to MAKE her a card?

I reminded her that I wouldn't be home that evening and was going to Chicago for the day on Saturday and wasn't sure how soon I could get it done.

Anyways... this is the card she wanted:



Mom bought 'snow' and sparkly Christmas ornaments and I went to work on Tuesday morning.
My sister was afraid that it would look like we were copying their cards.

I think it's safe to say that I did not.

I really wanted some bokeh in the back ground of the picture but just couldn't seem to get the right effect and then I thought... Heh... why don't I just make some?
It was SO much fun. I ::love:: Photoshop. =)

It's a flat card and this is the front:




And this is the back (with room for everyone to sign it!):




And this http://abduzeedo.com/awesome-digital-bokeh-effect-photoshop is the link for the Photoshop tutorial on making freakin' sweet bokeh.

Have some fun making your own Christmas bokeh. ;-)
(c'mon, don't you just like that word??)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh-mazing!! This is way better than the other one. Fabulous photography; fabulous design (fabulous verse!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what I think. :) awesomeness!

    the ornaments your mom bought are WAY prettier than the ones on their cards. ;)

    and oh fun!? somebody else who likes all members of the family to sign their Christmas cards? I just think that's fun. =)

    ReplyDelete